Have you ever thought that weight loss plans are too complicated? Well, you aren’t alone. The sad truth is that folks who were once inspired to shed some pounds wind up giving up because the plan they were following just wasn’t realistic. Our team at Atlas Nutrition believes that weight loss should be simple and stress-free. Keep reading to learn our most effective tips for losing weight.
- Lift heavier every now and then – In this guide from Eat This, Not That, it’s explained that lifting heavy weights is the best way to increase metabolism, sustain long-term muscle growth, and stay lean. One thing to consider: If you’re in your last few sets and doing more than ten reps with ease, it’s probably time to increase the amount you’re lifting.
- Ditch the sugar and alcohol – You might be surprised at how much of a difference eliminating booze and sugar from your diet can make. It may be a bit of a shock to your system at first, however, it will be worth it in the long run. Just be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Opt for a Mediterranean-style diet – What you eat matters most for weight loss. Aim for about 30 percent protein, 60 percent fat, and 10 percent carbohydrates. For the time being, it’s best to limit your bread and pasta.
- Drink more water – This is an easy one. Drinking more water keeps you energetic, hydrated, and fuller throughout the day. This is also a great way to avoid overeating!
- Challenge yourself at the gym – We all like routines and it’s no different with workouts. It could be that you just have one or two workout plans. If that’s the case, it’s time to mix it up. Start exercising smartly and challenge your body every time you head to the gym. Be aware that if do the same thing every day, you’re not going to make progress.
- Think long-term – It’s easy to skip a workout because you just aren’t “feeling it” that day. It’s even easier to swing by a drive-thru on your way home from work because you’re tired and don’t want to prepare a healthy dinner. That said, avoid trading something you’ll enjoy in the long run for something that only brings a few minutes of satisfaction now. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Stay true to your workouts – This ties in a bit with the previous point. Treat your workouts as if they were appointments that you would never cancel unless it was an emergency. Write your fitness plan down, schedule it as an event on your phone, and do whatever else may be helpful to keep you motivated.
- Incorporate HIIT – Consider cardio as just one piece of your fitness puzzle. Make it a point to incorporate resistance training and high-intensity interval training several days a week. A combination of everything will help you ditch that pesky belly fat or any love handles.
More Than Just a Personal Trainer
When you come to Atlas Nutrition, we will pair you with a dedicated fitness coach. From there, we will tailor a fitness plan to your needs. From providing weight training assistance to serving as a meal planner, our mission is to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
Get started with your weight loss plan today. Call Atlas Nutrition.